Friday, September 28, 2007

Tapur Chatterjee



Brishti pore tapur tupur (Pitter-patter falls the rain). The line from Rabindranath Tagore poem inspired Tapur’s grandfather to name his twin granddaughters. This 5’ 8” tall girl is a very popular model. Besides commercials like Titan Raga watches, Lakme and Park Avenue, she also appeared on the covers of magazines like Femina, Elle and Cosmopolitan.

A former Miss India semi-finalist, she did commercial art in college and even won a Nation Award for painting. For now modelling interests her. But the moment boredom sets in Tapur plans to move onto greener pastures. And that does not include Bollywood.

About Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, she says: “I am a Bengali but Mumbai is my jaan," she says. "Dancing is also my jaan. Frankly, I don't know how to dance well, but I would like to give it a try."

Feroz A Khan is her choreographer partner.


No comments: